Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Troubling Quotations/ The Right Words in the Right Order Can Really Mess You Up

I am displeased

What's that saying? The smarter you get, the more you realize how much you don't know.

What a depressing, begrudging thought.

There's another one that states , There's always someone else in the world who's better than you.

No matter how good we are, we will always sell the world short on ourselves.
They will ask for more after we've given absolutely everything to them. Exhausted and thoroughly spent we'll decide for ourselves if we're satisfied.

I haven't spent myself in so long. I haven't been pleased with my exhaustion in years. Joshua Lee has been known to half-ass his way through life. Even things he should be concerned about to the most intimate degree have been lost in waves and reinforcements of disgusting complacency.

I swear I'll get there one day. One day I won't quit climbing a mountain, working out, getting fit, writing a story, making a relationship work, pleasing my father, pleasing my mother, helping my little sister, being a hyung to my little cousin, being proud and happy with myself.

I will finally climb to the mountaintop and then find those surrounding peaks taller than me. But I will get there and I will smile in my inequity.

This quote off of someone's tumblr keeps coming back to me.

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

-George Elliot




website of the week: (Obama's Lincoln) http://www.newsweek.com/2008/11/14/obama-s-lincoln.html#

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa. i can say i've been going through the same thing... it can take a long time but you will get there eventually.
    cliche much? but i 100% believe this.
    and joshua lee. i have faith in you too! :)

    ReplyDelete